The summer transfer window is closed for the major leagues in Europe. However, with an eye on January, there’s plenty of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Real Madrid look to Dalot
Real Madrid are monitoring the situation of Manchester United defender Diogo Dalot, with the 23-year-old out of contract at end of the season, according to the Sunday Mirror.
Los Blancos boss Carlo Ancelotti is looking to sign an experienced full-back next summer and his first choice is reportedly Manchester City‘s Joao Cancelo. However, with the 28-year-old unlikely to depart the Premier League champions, Madrid are now plotting a move for his Portugal teammate instead.
Dalot has impressed under Erik ten Hag this season but he won’t become available on a free transfer with the Red Devils having the option to extend his current deal by a year. However, Dalot’s agent has suggested that he will not sign a further extension beyond 2024 at this moment in time.
With Barcelona also interested, it’s reported that Man United will look for £35 million to allow Dalot a move away from Old Trafford, which will place Real Madrid in a better position than their cash-strapped LaLiga rivals to acquire the full-back next summer.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, more (U.S.)
13.53 BST: With Manchester United desperate to offload Cristiano Ronaldo in January, speculation is starting to turn to who could arrive at Old Trafford in his place.
Deportes Cuatro reports that super agent Jorge Mendes is looking to do a double deal, that would take Ronaldo away from United (who knows where that will be) and see Joao Felix move to the club from Atletico Madrid.
Felix has struggled in spell at Atletico and could be ready to accept a new challenge under United coach Erik ten Had.
13.00 BST: The Sun reports that Manchester City are keeping tabs on Napoli star Khvicha Kvaratskhelia.
Kvaratskhelia, 21, has become one of the success stories of Serie A season since moving to Naples from Dinamo Batumi in the summer, scoring five goals in his first 10 league games..
The Georgia international, who has scored 10 goals in just 19 appearances for his country, has also impressed in the Champions League and shone in his team’s 4-1 Champions League demolition of Liverpool last month.
The winger could follow in the footsteps of another Georgian, with Georgi Kinkladze a club legend at City.
Kvaratskhelia was on the books of Rubin Kazan, but quit the Russian club after the invasion of Ukraine. He then headed back to his homeland for a short spell with Dinamo Batumi before Napoli came calling.
11.56 BST: Mark Ogden explains why clubs are yet to show interest in taking Cristiano Ronaldo on a free transfer from Manchester United.
Mark Ogden explains why clubs are yet to show interest in taking Cristiano Ronaldo on a free transfer from Man United.
10.53 BST: Calciomercato reports that AC Milan are hopeful of agreeing a new contract with defender Pierre Kalulu.
Kalulu, 22, has been linked with a move to Paris Saint-Germain, and talks over a new deal at the San Siro have been delayed while the player changed agents.
The France international has a contract which runs until the summer of 2025, so there is no immediate danger of the player walking away from the Serie A club. However, he is seeking a renewal which matches his contribution to the club, having helped them win the Scudetto last season.
09.58 BST: Manchester United have received no interest in Cristiano Ronaldo despite making him available on a free transfer since the summer, sources have told ESPN’s Mark Ogden.
Ronaldo will miss Saturday’s Premier League game against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge after being dropped by manager Erik ten Hag as punishment for refusing to play as a substitute in Wednesday’s 2-0 win against Tottenham at Old Trafford.
Sources have told ESPN that the United hierarchy, led by American owners the Glazer family, have been willing to offload Ronaldo since he made it clear that he wanted to leave the club in the summer.
09.00 BST: The Sun reports that Manchester United are ready to battle with Liverpool for the signing of Chicago Fire’s Jhon Duran.
Duran, 18, has a transfer of just £10m and could be seen as a value addition and a long-term prospect. He has scored eight goals and provided five assists in 27 games in the 2022 MLS season.
Duran is a winger who only made his Fire debut this year and has made such an impact that he was called into the senior Colombia squad for the first time last month, winning his first cap against Guatemala.
– Paris Saint-Germain‘s search for a centre-back continues with AC Milan‘s Pierre Kalulu and Inter Milan‘s Milan Skriniar on their shortlist, according to Calciomercato. PSG failed to secure a deal with the Nerazzurri for Skriniar during the last transfer window, but will reportedly revisit their interest in the Slovakia international in January.
– After Gabriel signed a new contract, Mikel Arteta is working to agree extensions with Bukayo Saka, William Saliba and Gabriel Martinelli, reports the Sunday Express. Negotiations with England international Saka are at the most advanced stage of the three, with the 21-year-old winger expected to commit to a long-term future at the Emirates soon.
– Ivan Morales is contemplating an exit from Cruz Azul due to a lack of playing time, reports Cesar Luis Merlo. The 23-year-old forward has featured 16 times for the Liga MX club across all competitions this season, making half of those appearances as a substitute. It is reported that the Mexican side will agree to part ways with the Chile international if they receive a reasonable offer.
– Valencia are following 21-year-old Saburtalo Tbilisi right-back Giorgi Gocholeishvili, according to Ekrem Konur. The LaLiga side sent scouts to watch the Georgia international in Saburtalo’s 4-2 loss to Dinamo Batumi. The young full-back has four goals and four assists in 35 appearances this season.